Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Showers bring...

I know that April showers bring May flowers so shouldn't baby showers bring babies? My friend Heather and our Admin, Vickie, hosted a work baby shower for me on Oct. 2nd and god knows we have had enough rain around here to bring something other than just flowers...and yet I hit 39 weeks today and still no baby.

Here are some pics from the baby shower...
1st pic is of Vickie, Liza, and me. 2nd pic is Heather and me
There are a series of other individual pictures of me and foreign co-workers. It reminded me of when Adam and I went to China to visit Jan and Jason. We were stopped constantly for people to take our pictures since they have never seen someone as tall as Adam and/or they had never seen and inappropriately dressed (sleeveless tanks and shorts...gasp!) blonde girl. They couldn't just take a picture with us as a group but would have to take individual pictures. Well this was the situation for the first 10-15 minutes of the baby shower. I had a photo session with pretty much the entire team. Considering how much I've loved being photographed during my pregnancy you can only imagine how uncomfortable this made me...
So today I hit 39 weeks and I still don't feel ready. We are on the LAST room of our home remodeling but we have lots of odds and ends to finish up and then a thorough cleaning and fumigation before I would even consider bringing the baby home. Despite the home crap, I still just don't think it is time. We have been so busy the last few months, my pregnancy has just flown by leaving little time to prepare myself for the child that is arriving in a week or less! As of today, I am still scheduled to be induced on Oct. 21st if I haven't had her before then. I go to the doctor on Friday and if there are still no signs of labor am I crazy to ask for an extension? Am I the only prego on earth that could use just one more week before the baby arrives?
What's amazing is that the baby is cooperating so far. With the way she kicks and tosses and turns all day AND NIGHT I definitely thought she would be fighting her way out (like I would be) and not just hanging out waiting to be induced....that's more Adam's style. However, we both are EXTREMELY late every where we go so maybe she is just following in our footsteps and will just show up when she is good and ready.

3 comments:

  1. ROTFL! Yes, you and Adam would be Beijing celebrities in a heartbeat! Think your coworkers will frame the photo of the two of you at home? "Here I am with a pregnant one." LOL! Love the pic of you and Heather, she was one of the best interview-ees on the red carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SUCH a RIOT!! I was almost two weeks late with Noah and eight days late with Joel (both were induced) I still didn't feel *ready* for EITHER!! Once you finally meet the baby, though, I promise you will be so excited to begin the rest of your life (and ready to use all the adorable baby things!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and THANK YOU for finally posting such adorable profile pics! You are fabulous!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete