Saturday, March 14, 2009

Adam's Southern Birthday

Last weekend was Adam's birthday weekend.  We started out with dinner Friday night at Roy's.  It was awesome as usual.  On Saturday, I took Adam to get his iPhone that he has wanted since he got me one last September.  It's his new mistress.  Every time I think he is listening to me instead of the TV (which is on if anyone is in the house whether or not anyone is watching is a moot point) he is now playing with his iPhone.  In the week that Adam has had his iPhone he has figured out how to do more things than I have in the 6 months I've had mine.  I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone.  I'm not exactly a tech gadget person like Adam is.

Saturday night was Adam's b-day party at my parents house.  Adam wanted a bbq party so my dad made pork loin, smoked sausage, and ribs.  My mom made her famous homemade mac and cheese.   I think I'm still full.  After dinner, Adam opened his presents....check out how the 5 yr old jumps for joy with his deep fryer ;oP

Ray ban's from Shari and $ from Nannie:


Professional Deep Fryer from my parents:


Guitar Hero World tour complete band from me:


Adam's B-day wishes:


Sunday was Adam's actual birthday.   I made Adam pop-overs for breakfast.  We went to lunch at Gordon Biersch pub that opened recently in Plano.  It totally SUCKED.  The service was horrible and the food was pretty much inedible.  Adam ordered fish and chips and didn't even finish it.  Adam, passing up on fried food....you know it had to suck.  Now that he has his own professional deep fryer to make his own fish and chips he no longer has to settle for overcooked previously frozen fish sticks passed off as fish and chips. 

I don't know how I'm going to survive the next few months with the iPhone, Guitar Hero, and a DEEP FRYER!!!  I can already see my nerves being shot.  Where was my judgement when purchasing these gifts?  And, my mom will never be forgiven for encouraging FRIED FOOD in my house.  We both must really love Adam.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY GATOR BOY!!!


1 comment: